The main objectives of the Vaishnava Seva Society are to revive and spread the spiritual conceptions, culture, and principles of divine love as described in the spiritual books and revealed scriptures which have been taught and propounded by Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, and given by the Gaudiya Vaishnava acharyas in the preceptorial line of Mahaprabhu, in particular, as shown by Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami Prabhupada, Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev Goswami Maharaj, and Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev Goswami Maharaj.
The Vaishnava Seva Society strives to educate people for their moral and spiritual upliftment which is the basis of human civilization.
To adopt projects and programs to help people, the Vaishnava Seva Society will take up cultural, educational, charitable, and related projects and activities which it may find necessary, practical, and appropriate towards attaining the objects of the Society.
Towards the attainment of the main objects and the carrying out the projects of the Society, the Society will undertake the following:
- To initiate, teach, train and minister to persons desiring to qualify themselves as true followers of the Society.
- To construct places of worship for the overall benefit of the members, the public, and sincere seekers.
- To maintain preachers and ascetic devotees who are renounced priests, practicing students, and dedicated persons, who are voluntarily devoting their whole time and energy for the cause of this Society.
- To depute and send the afore mentioned ascetic members to places with a view to preach and propagate the objects of this Society, in other words to give Divine Love to one and all, and to bring a spiritual unity amongst all human beings irrespective of caste, creed, race and color.
- To establish, receive, or acquire the Society’s centers, temples, libraries, residences, and dormitories.
- To print and distribute authoritative books on Gaudiya Vaishnavism by the most prominent spiritual teachers and exponents of the science, and to utilize other forms of media and communication to realize this objective.
- To conduct congregational chanting of the Holy Names of God, which is the panacea to relieve the suffering of all living entities.
- To conduct educational classes and lectures on the science of self-realization in accordance with the tenets of Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
- To distribute to one and all sanctified foodstuffs which have been offered to the Deities of the Lord, and his Divine teachers.
- To promote belief in the Lord and His divine teachings.
- To establish and maintain worship in the Society’s centers of Deities (which have been installed by the authorized representatives of the Society).
- To have lectures, singing, public meetings, ceremonies, and festivals, to which the devotees, guests and public are invited and welcome.
- To admit, educate, train, maintain, and financially assist students, or fund their studies and publications subject to the approval of the Society. The purpose of this will be to promote the Vaishnava literature and teachings of the Lord and His preceptors.
- To follow the teachings of Gaudiya Vaishnavism as they have been taught in the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, which was established in Nabadwip, West Bengal, India by Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj, and his successor, Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj.
- To arrange for the celebration and commemoration of events and holidays which are given by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, and celebrated in the Vaishnava calendar published by the Society.
- To maintain facilities to educate and teach the devotees, guests, and public of the tenets and teachings of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and His adherents.
- When necessary, to establish and maintain facilities for the relief and rehabilitation of poor and destitute devotees, families, friends, or needy and infirm persons. This may include offering food, or other forms of assistance to such persons irrespective of caste, creed, race or color. Towards the attainment of this end, the Society may give assistance, either financial or in terms of labor, to other institutions or to persons undertaking such necessary relief work.
- To collect funds, donations, contributions, endowments and gifts in cash or kind from the public, the government, or other institutions and establishments.
- To receive or acquire those facilities, in terms of land, properties, constructions, and possessions which are deemed necessary for the maintenance and advancement of the Society.
- To open and operate bank accounts, investments, security boxes, etc. as may be deemed necessary for maintaining the funds, deeds, documents, securities and valuables of the Society.
- To frame rules and regulations, or bylaws in relation to the management, control, and attainment of the objects of the Society. The Society will do this as required, and establish rules for the qualification of its members and maintenance of their privileges and facilities.
- To do all such things as may be considered conducive to the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Society, or the carrying out of any purpose deemed useful or beneficial to the interest of the Society.
It is the fundamental belief of the Vaishnava Seva Society that if we revive our relationship with the Lord and His divine energy, known as Sri Sri Radha Krishna, by the grace of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, and His teachers, that this relationship will never break, and will result in our eternal well-being and our full spiritual happiness.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare